The California Wellness Foundation newsletter titled Portfolio is
published quarterly by the Communications Department. Its purpose is to report on the Foundations efforts to
improve the health of Californians through its grantmaking program. Grantseekers, program
planners, policymakers, news media professionals and representatives from other
foundations can learn about:
- successful projects funded within the Foundations priority areas;
- various approaches used to address local health issues throughout the state;
- results from recently funded research;
- effective funding strategies; and
- current health issues affecting Californians.
In this issue
Celebrating 10 years of health-focused
Evolution of TCWF Grantmaking
Read an interview in which Gary L. Yates and Tom G. David discuss the evolution of TCWF's grantmaking efforts and philosophies.
In The News:
Find out more about Founding Board Member Roger F. Greaves and his role and accomplishments in the formation of
TCWF Announces New Board Officers
Luz A. Vega-Marquis and Douglas X. Patiño, Ph.D., have been named chair and vice chair, respectively, of TCWF’s board of directors.
TCWF Appoints Two New Program Directors
Nicole J. Jones and Sandra J. Martinez, have been appointed program directors of the Violence Prevention priority area, which includes the Violence Prevention Initiative.
Also in this issue:
Awarded In December, 2001
- TPPI public education campaign Grantee produces photo essay.
- TCWF welcomes new staff.
- TCWF Grantees advocate best practices for improving children’s health.
- VPI public education forum on youth violence prevention held.