PROMOTING YOUR GRANT
If you choose to announce your grant, please reach out to our Public Affairs team at pa[at]calwellness.org. We’re ready to partner with you. Some basic guidelines are presented below.
We would also appreciate an opportunity to review your announcement or release before it’s distributed to ensure that information about Cal Wellness is accurate and up-to-date. Please contact us if you have any additional questions.
REFERENCES TO CAL WELLNESS
We are happy to provide an approved quote from a foundation representative (typically the program director assigned to your grant) about our funding for your organization or project. Please contact our Public Affairs team at pa[at]calwellness.org to assist you.
References in your media materials, other external documents or online documents regarding a grant from The California Wellness Foundation should use the following language:
- Please use our full name, The California Wellness Foundation, on first reference to the foundation. “Cal Wellness” is acceptable for subsequent uses of our name.
- If your project or event is solely funded by the foundation, use the following description:
“The (project/event) is funded by The California Wellness Foundation. Cal Wellness’ vision is for every resident of California to enjoy good health and experience wellness. [If space allows and the information is relevant to your grant, include] Cal Wellness’ mission is to protect and improve the health and wellness of the people of California by increasing access to health care, quality education, good jobs, healthy environments and safe neighborhoods.”
- If your project or event is partially funded by the foundation, use the following description:
“The (project/event) is funded in part by The California Wellness Foundation. Cal Wellness’ vision is for every resident of California to enjoy good health and experience wellness. [If space allows and the information is relevant to your grant, include] Cal Wellness’ mission is to protect and improve the health and wellness of the people of California by increasing access to health care, quality education, good jobs, healthy environments and safe neighborhoods.”
- It's also fine to just use the first sentence, and leave out the vision and mission statements, as follows.
“Funded by The California Wellness Foundation.”
“Funded in part by The California Wellness Foundation.”
- To provide information about Cal Wellness online, please link to our website: https://www.CalWellness.org. Please do not duplicate information (e.g. text, photos) from the foundation’s site for use on your website without permission. Please do not use the foundation name and/or logo on your websites or create any implication that such sites were created by Cal Wellness without Cal Wellness’ express written permission.
If for some reason our preferred language or online guidelines will not work in your planned announcement, please contact our Public Affairs department at pa[at]publicaffairs.org. A member of our team can work with you to review and approve an alternative.
USING OUR LOGO
We are pleased to have our logo used in announcements or on grantee websites where funders are noted. But please contact us for permission first at pa[at]calwellness.org. You may use this link to access high-resolution digital files of the foundation’s logo. There are horizontal and vertical versions of the logo. Choose the one that best fits your medium (website, printed material, etc.) or design. While it is fine to resize the logo to scale, use care to maintain its aspect ratio so that the logo image is not distorted. Please do not modify the logo’s color, orientation, the placement of its imagery or text.
CAL WELLNESS’ PROMOTIONS
Cal Wellness does regular grants announcements, which may include reference to your grants. We will inform you before release so that you are aware.
In addition to featuring your work in grants announcements, we can promote your stories and perspectives on our website.
We regularly share information about our grantmaking and other topics of interest to the foundation through social media channels – primarily Twitter and Facebook. Please follow us and tag us if you share information about your Cal Wellness grant or the work that our funds support.
[Policies updated: February 2019]